Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
This recipe is for those times when one needs a bit self-endulgent!
Preparation: 1 hour Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 cup Butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound box powdered sugar (approximately 3 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together Crisco, peanut butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into batter. Spread blondies evenly in prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- To prepare frosting beat powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, salt and vanilla together. Add hot water, a bit at a time. Beat until smooth. Spread over Peanut Butter Blondies while still warm.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.