Mini Lemon Pie Tart Recipe
The reason for the funky name for this recipe is that when I started, my intention was to make a lemon pie. When it was done my husband took a taste and said “this tart is really good.” Oh, yes….tart.
Inspired by My Name is Mary Sutter
Prep: 20 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes Makes: 12 mini tarts
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounce)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie crust and use a round cookie cutter to cut it. Spray the bottom of muffin cups with cooking spray and drape the crusts over the bottom (see diagram below).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer at medium speed until foamy. Gradually add the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Place the lemon mixture into the pie crusts. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.