Oct 27th, 2011 by Lisa
Mini Chocolate Covered Apples Recipe
This mini apple recipe was adapted from one I saw in Family Fun magazine. The original recipe called for butterscotch or peanut butter chips, but I made these with white and dark chocolate to match the black and white theme of The Night Circus. These apples tasted pretty good (what doesn’t taste good covered in chocolate?), but I think peanut butter chips would have been really good. I am going to try this next time.
Inspired by The Night Circus
Prep: 20 minutes Serves: 8 mini apples per large apple used
- Granny Smith apples (each apple will make about 8 mini apples)
- Lollipop sticks
- Dark chocolate and white chocolate or vanilla melting wafers
- To allow the sticks to go into the apple easier, cut the end at an angle.
- Using a melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball.
- Pat dry and refrigerate while preparing the chocolate coating. Melt according to package instructions. Dip the apples in the chocolate and place back in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, prepare the white chocolate. Drizzle the white chocolate over the apples. Allow to set.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.