Jul 24th, 2010 by Lisa
Mini Blackberry Cakes Recipe
These mini blackberry cakes will make an impressive display at any picnic, beach party or just because.
Inspired by On Folly Beach
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Makes: 24 mini cakes
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- 24 blackberries
- Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 silicone 12 cup muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, sugar, half and half and egg until light and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the vanilla.
- Fill the muffin tins to less than 1/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and allow to cool. Remove the mini cakes by pressing the bottom of the silicone muffin cup.
- Top each mini cake with whipped cream, blackberries and strawberries.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.