Meringue Bones Recipe
I love light and airy meringue cookies. This a fun and yummy recipe to prepare for your Halloween or dog theme party.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Inspired by Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend
Prep time: 30 minutes Bake time: 1-1/2 hours Yield: 1 dozen bones
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high and add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer meringue to a pastry bag. Pipe a 3-inch log of meringue. Pipe two balls on opposite sides of each end of the log to make a bone. Repeat with remaining meringue.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours. Cool completely before removing bones from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.