Nov 8th, 2011 by Annie
Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
Magic Cookie Bars are a childhood favorite of mine. I remember the introduction of my mom’s recipe said this treat is called Magic Cookie Bars because they vanish as soon as you set them out! And they do magically disappear! In my version, I cut back a bit on the coconut and nuts and add butterscotch chips. This recipe is adapted from Eagle Brand® Magic Cookie Bars.
Inspired by The Magicians
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (6 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounce package) butterscotch chips*
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over graham cracker crust. With back of spoon, spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and walnuts over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Move to rack to cool. Cut into squares.
*NOTE: if you prefer, add 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and omit the butterscotch chips.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.