Sep 28th, 2011 by Lisa
Lemon Curd Tart Recipe
The lemon curd recipe was adapted from Great British Cooking: A Well Kept Secret by Jane Garmey. I filled mini pie shells with the lemon curd to make individual tarts. This is the perfect treat to serve at a tea party or a refreshing dessert for a summer day.
Inspired by The House at Riverton
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes (pastry crust + lemon curd) Serves: 8
- Prepared individual pie crusts
- Juice and zest of 3 large lemons
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- Bake the pie crusts according to package instructions.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the top of double boiler. Cook gently, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves, the butter melts and the mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to let it boil or the eggs will curdle. As soon as the lemon curd becomes thick and creamy, remove it from the heat.
- Let the lemon curd cool slightly, then fill the tart shells with the lemon curd and allow it to set at room temperature.
- You can garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.