Hurricane Cake Recipe
I love the rich flavor and moistness of this hurricane cake recipe. No icing needed on this cake!
Inspired by Salvage the Bones
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 1 large cake
- 1 cup of butter, in all
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 devils food or dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 3-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the butter (reserve remaining 1/2 cup) and pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips over the melted butter. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions(*see note below). Beat in the vanilla and pour the cake batter over the pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- In medium saucepan or microwave, melt together the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar, then dollop mixture over the cake batter. Take a knife and run it through the cream cheese mixture a few times.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Serve from pan.
*Note: For extra flavor and richness, try substituting strong brewed coffee for the water required in the cake mix package directions.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.