Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe
This recipe is so easy and fresh, you will never buy jarred jam again!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Makes: about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, stem removed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- Place two small plates in the freezer. This will be used to determine when the jelly has jelled.
- In a large saucepan, crush the strawberries with a fork or use an stick hand blender.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and bring to a full boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the mixture for about 20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Place a teaspoon on one of the frozen plates and run your finger through it. If it does not run back together, the jam is done.
- Since I made this for a party I just refrigerated it overnight. For canning instructions click here.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.