Jun 28th, 2010 by Lisa
Homemade Donuts Recipe
These donuts made with biscuits are so easy to make you could have them for breakfast every morning.
Inspired by Olive Kitteridge
Prep: 5 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Serves: 8
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuits
- Vegetable oil
Toppings of your choice
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon and sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a skillet.
- Put the powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag. Put the cinnamon and sugar in a separate one.
- For the chocolate glaze, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa and milk.
- Use a small cap (like the one to the vegetable oil) to make a hole in the center of the biscuit.
- Place the biscuit and the holes in the oil. Fry on one side until golden brown then turn and fry the other side. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- Place the fried donut in the ziplock bag and shake to coat thoroughly or ice with the chocolate glaze.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.