Homemade Donuts Recipe
These donuts made with biscuits are so easy to make you could have them for breakfast every morning.
Inspired by Olive Kitteridge
Prep: 5 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Serves: 8
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuits
- Vegetable oil
Toppings of your choice
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon and sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a skillet.
- Put the powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag. Put the cinnamon and sugar in a separate one.
- For the chocolate glaze, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa and milk.
- Use a small cap (like the one to the vegetable oil) to make a hole in the center of the biscuit.
- Place the biscuit and the holes in the oil. Fry on one side until golden brown then turn and fry the other side. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- Place the fried donut in the ziplock bag and shake to coat thoroughly or ice with the chocolate glaze.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.