Greek Rice Pudding Recipe
This amazing rice pudding recipe from Modern Greek by Andy Harris is now my favorite rice pudding recipe. The lemon zest gives it such a fresh flavor. I doubled the recipe to make enough for a crowd.
Click Here for the link to Andy Harris’ recipe.
Inspired by Middlesex
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serves: 8
- 9 cups milk
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice, washed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons cold milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Place the milk in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the rice, cinnamon stick and lemon zest and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. (I like my rice pudding on the mushy side so I cooked it a little longer)
- In a small saucepan, whisk the cold milk, cornstarch and egg yolks together and simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Add this mixture, together with the vanilla and sugar, to the milk and rice mixture. Simmer, stirring, for another 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat. Set aside to cool, remove the cinnamon stick, and pour into 4 individual bowls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.