Jan 5th, 2011 by Marilyn
Gozinakh (Walnut Honey Candy) Recipe
I love anything with honey and walnuts. So when I found this recipe on RusCuisine I know it would be a great dessert for a Russian Winter book club party.
Inspired by Russian Winter
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: makes approximately 40-1 inch squares
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled walnuts , approximately 6 cups
walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups honey
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Spread the chopped nuts in a layer in a pan and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes, turning them from time to time. Watch carefully for any sign of burning.
- In a heavy pan, combine the honey and sugar and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. When the sugar is melted, lower the heat and stir in the nuts. Stirring regularly, cook for 15 minutes.
- Brush the inside of a pan with cold water and pour in the nut mixture. Smooth the top and set aside, uncovered, to cool. When firm, dip the pan into hot water and invert a flat plate on top. Turn over; the candy should slide out in one piece. With a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cut into diamond shapes.
* My gozinakh didn’t want to slide out of my pan (11 x 17 inch cookie pan) so I cut into 1 inch x 1 inch squares and removed from pan with a spatula.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.