French Wedding Cookies Recipe
French Wedding Cookies are rich tasting with the flavors of toasted almonds, butter and vanilla.
Inspired by The Marriage Plot
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: ~2 dozen
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground, toasted almonds (see note below)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and ground toasted almonds.
- Sift together flour and salt and beat into butter/sugar mixture until combined. Roll cookies into balls or shape into crescents and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until just starting to brown. Remove cookies from oven and dust with powdered sugar. Allow cookies to cool completely.
NOTE: Place slivered almonds in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat and stir almonds until golden brown. Grind almonds in a food processor, then measure out the 1 cup needed for the recipe.
I am linking up with Weekend Cooking at Beth Fish Reads.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.