Dec 2nd, 2010 by Annie
Fimi Milk Custard Recipe
Fimi milk custard is a traditional Afghan creamy dessert flavored with cardamom and almond, and topped with crushed pistachio nuts.
Inspired by The Kite Runner
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6
- 3 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, finely ground
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, combine all ingredients except pistachio nuts. Bring just to boil, stirring continuously. Pour into martini glasses or custard cups and refrigerate several hours.
- Sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.