Aug 8th, 2012 by Annie
Emerald’s Chocolate Cake with Fluffy White Frosting Recipe
I love Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake and was planning to use that recipe for Emerald’s birthday cake inspired by The Uninvited Guests. But, as I started the recipe I realized I didn’t have any milk, so I substituted buttermilk. Well, just as I added the buttermilk, I was interrupted by a phone call and when I returned to my cake, somewhat distracted, I added the buttermilk again! I needed a little adjusting here and there and I’m so happy to report that the cake turned out great. Click HERE for Hershey’s original recipe.
Inspired by The Uninvited Guests
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Servings: 8-10
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round pans.
- Combine together in large mixing bowl sugar, Hershey’s Cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes. Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat for 1 more minute. Pour into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow pans to sit for 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Frost cake with Fluffy White Frosting.
Fluffy White Frosting
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tub (7 1/2-ounce) of marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of milk or heavy cream
- 1 box (16-ounce) of powdered sugar
Beat together butter and marshmallow until creamy. Beat in vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar, then add milk. Beat until smooth. Add more milk, as needed, for desired consistency.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.