Aug 14th, 2012 by Lisa
Easy White Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
The ingredients for this white chocolate bread pudding come together in one bowl. A perfect dessert for those times you need a few more minutes (hopefully not hours) to finish the book before book club. What I love about this white chocolate bread pudding is that the melting of the white chocolate creates its own sauce so you don’t need to make a separate sauce. How easy is that!
Inspired by Still Alice
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Serves: 8-10
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 loaf challah bread, cubed
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in the milk, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla, making sure the sugar completely dissolves. Add the cubed bread to the bowl and allow to soak up the liquid for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the bread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Press the white chocolate throughout the bread mixture.
- Place baking dish into a roasting pan. Pour hot water into the roasting pan until it is about halfway up the sides of the 9×13 dish. Bake the bread pudding at 325°F about an 1 hour or until custard is set.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.