Easy Pain Au Chocolat
This is a recipe that is in the book “How To Bake a Perfect Life”. This recipe is so easy and my kids had a blast making it. I made my Pain Au Chocolat with special dark chocolate chips which went well with the puff pastry.
Inspired by How To Bake A Perfect Life
Prep Time: 5 minutes (pastry does need to thaw for 30-40 minutes) Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 24
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- sugar for dusting
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or oiling it lightly.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 12 squares and brush with the egg glaze. Then sprinkle with chocolate chips (the original recipe says a few chips, but to kids that means 20…they were very chocolatey but perfect for a chocolate lover like me). Roll the pastry tightly around the chocolate.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate the remaining egg glaze.
- After freezing, preheat oven to 400°F. Brush the tops of the pastries with remaining egg glaze and dust lightly with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.