Sep 24th, 2011 by Annie
Exotic Fruit Salad Recipe
The refreshing and tasty Exotic Fruit Salad is popular in Central Africa. It is a blend of fruits, peanuts, and fresh mint, with an interesting addition of avocado. It is topped off with a tangy, lightly sweet dressing. This fruit salad can be transformed into a Brazilian Fruit Salad by omitting the dressing and drizzling sweetened condensed milk over the fruit.
- 2 cans (15 1/4-ounce) of tropical fruit salad in light syrup, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1 avocado, firm and ripe, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons, chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup of dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup red palm oil, sunflower oil, or avocado oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Mix salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over salad. Toss gently. Serve immediately or chill for one hour in the refrigerator.
Brazilian Fruit Salad: Omit the dressing and drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the fruit.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.