Apr 21st, 2013 by Annie
Buttermilk Pecan Pie Recipe
I love this wonderful buttermilk pecan pie recipe. It has a nice golden crust on top and a scrumptious tangy buttermilk custard and, most importantly, loads of pecans!
Inspired by Into The Free
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1 1/2 hours Yield: 1 deep dish pie
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large deep dish pie crust, unbaked (here’s a recipe link for a good pie crust)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream butter. Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Beat until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and salt and beat into mixture. Gradually add buttermilk while beating. Beat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of crust. Pour custard over pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check pie after 1 hour and if custard or pie edges are over browning, tent foil over top.
NOTE: Refrigerate pie for several hours before serving for easier slicing.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.