Oct 27th, 2011 by Lisa
Black and White Popcorn Recipe
The circus and a black and white color scheme are two of the main decoration themes for a book club party for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Chocolate covered popcorn have these two themes covered! I do not have exact measurements for the ingredients as I just pop enough popcorn to fill the bowl and add enough chocolate to suit my tastes.
Inspired by The Night Circus
Prep: 10 minutes Serves: a crowd
- Popped popcorn
- Chocolate chips (the darker the better in my book)
- Small amount of shortening or canola oil
- Pop your desired amount of popcorn. I like air poppers because you can pop them right into the bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips in a double boiler, stirring occasionally until melted. Add a little shortening or oil to make it more drizzle-able.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn. Allow it to set completely, then gently turn over the popcorn and drizzle more chocolate.
I have had an air popper similar to the one below for many, many years It not only makes light and airy healthy popcorn, the kids have a blast waiting for that first kernel to pop.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.