Aurelius’ Ginger Cake Recipe
This ginger cake is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. In “The Thirteenth Tale”, Aurelius is a baker and caterer and this is one of his specialties.
Inspired by The Thirteenth Tale
Prep: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Makes: 12 mini cakes
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger root
- Powdered sugar as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease and flour a square muffin pan or use a cooking spray for baking.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and ground spices together.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla and grated ginger root.
- Alternately add the milk and flour, stirring until just combined after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake at 350 °F for about 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made the small cakes using a square muffin pan.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.