Aug 29th, 2010 by Marilyn
Apricot Walnut Cake Recipe
This is a cinnamon spiced cake made with apricots and walnuts. If you have any leftovers, the cake is a great way to start your day. Warm a slice, add a pat of butter and enjoy with your morning coffee.
Inspired by Three Cups of Tea
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 40 – 50 minutes Servings: 8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 6 ounce package dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine beaten egg, oil, buttermilk, orange juice, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in apricots and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared spring form pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool.
- Place cake on serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.