Apple Cake Topped with Apple Compote Recipe
This bite size fall dessert is loaded with apples.
Inspired by The Cross Gardener
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 25-30 minutes Makes: 48 mini cakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup silicone muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine well.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, egg, apple sauce, apple juice, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each muffin cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the apples, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook for 15 minutes until apples have softened. Remove from heat.
- Place the apple bread upside down on a serving dish. Top with a tablespoon of the apple compote, then whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.