May 24th, 2011 by Marilyn
Angel’s Wings Butter Cookies Recipe
These Angel’s Wings Butter Cookies are good for the soul. My angel’s wings cookie cutter came with this fabulous recipe for butter cookies. I flavored my cookies with lemon extract, adding a refreshing flavor to this recipe. You can also use orange or mint extract. Used by permission from CopperGifts.com.
Inspired by Driftwood Summer
Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 11-13 minutes Servings: approximately 40 angel’s wings cookies
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract, you can also use orange or mint extract
- 16 ounce can white frosting
- Package of Icing Writer
- Mix flour and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and flavoring extract of your choice. On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in thirds, wrap in wax paper and chill.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using one section of dough at a time, roll out between wax or parchment paper to 3/16 inch thickness. Remove top sheet of paper and cut out shapes with powdered sugar dipped angel’s wings copper cookie cutter.
- Bake on a cookies covered with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Bake in 350 degree oven 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely and decorate.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.