Dec 23rd, 2010 by Annie
Angel Kisses Recipe
A light, delicate, and airy meringue cookie with pecans and chocolate chips. I love these cookies at Christmastime. They are beautiful and a nice change from the more dense and heavy holiday desserts.
Inspired by Christmastime and Angelology
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 8 hours (bakes on retained heat)
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan meat (pecans chopped very fine)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350° F. Make sure this is done before starting the cookies.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar. Beat well.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Continue beating until very batter is very stiff.
- Add vanilla. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop angel kisses by teaspoon on large parchment paper covered baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven then turn off the heat and leave the cookies undisturbed! Cookies bake overnight (8 hours) on retained heat. Leave oven door closed … DO NOT PEEK!
Variation: Substitute 1 cup of white baking chips for the semisweet chocolate chips and reduce the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.