Almond Sponge Cookie Recipe
These light cookies have a delicious almond taste. The recipe calls for ground almonds and I find a coffee grinder works very well for this (I have a separate coffee grinder that I use when I cook).
Inspired by The Elegance of the Hedgehog
Click above link for book club party ideas for The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Prep: 25 minutes Cook time: 7-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and fluffy. Add the almond extract and beat until incorporated. Set aside.
- Using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are shiny with stiff peaks.
- Very gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites, then fold in the dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Place the dough in desired mold. Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.