Mar 29th, 2011 by Lisa
Buttermilk Cornbread Muffin Recipe
This cornbread is an excellent mix of sweet and tangy.
Inspired by The Help and We Were Not Orphans
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 12-15 minutes Servings: Makes 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter and buttermilk.
- In a , mix the sugar, cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.