Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts
Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts (and to who…even if I won’t actually give them!)
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand to Todd (my brother-in-law) - he’s a history buff and would enjoy Louie Zamperini’s story.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott to Hailee (my grandaughter) - she’s finally old enough for this classic!
- Homesick Texan Cookbook by Lisa Fain to Lynn (my baby sister). She lives in Chattanooga!
- Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean to Jeanette (my sister) - she loves dogs too! We both cried together over The Art of Racing in the Rain during our book club discussion last year.
- Skippy Dies by Paul Murray to Amy (my daughter) - a quirky read for a quirky 20-year old.
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantal to Steffanie (my friend) - we share a LOVE of historical fiction, especially about the English monarchy, and most especially the Tudors. I’m also buying this book for me!
- Courage Beyond the Game by Jim Dent to Mark, Tony, Greg & Joe (my brothers) - they follow the UT Longhorns religiously.
- Pomegranate Soup by Marsha Mehran to Marilyn & Lisa (2 more sisters) - they would love this novel of sisters who open a Persian cafe in the Irish village of Ballinacroagh.
- The Eight by Katherine Neville to Virgil (my boss) – he loves intellectual thrillers and this one is a doozy!
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain to Mom (the #1 mom in the world) - I just know she would love this novel of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can visit this meme here.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.