Mint Julep Recipe
Nothing is more refreshing than a mint julep on a hot southern day. Leave the mint on as you sip so you can take in the aroma.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Servings: 12
The proportion of syrup to bourbon can be adjusted to suit your tastes.
- About 30 leaves of fresh mint
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of bourbon
- Place or in the freezer to chill.
- Bruise mint leaves in the bottom of a saucepan. Add water and sugar. Heat at medium-high until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Allow to the syrup to sit for 3 hours or place in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice. Add ¼ cup syrup and ¼ cup bourbon.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Copyright © 2016 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.