Mexican Martini for a Crowd
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to share one of my favorite drinks – the Mexican martini. I recently made this on our yearly Easter camping trip, which usually includes about 45 people, so I needed to make a huge batch, so I needed to improvise a bit.
- 1 liter of tequila
- 1.75 liter bottle of triple sec
- 1 container of orange juice (59 ounces or 1.75L)
- 3/4 triple sec bottle of Sprite (fill a triple sec bottle 3/4 full)
- 8 ounces of lime juice + the juice of 8 limes (using all fresh limes is the way to go if you have the time)
- Block of ice
- Olive juice if you like your martinis dirty
- Olives for garnish
- Place all the ingredients in a thermos and shake well. It is best to let it sit for a few minutes and shake it again to be sure it is chilled. Pour into a glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with olives.
|Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Head over to her site to see delicious food-related posts.|
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.