Oct 10th, 2012 by Lisa
Hard Lemonade with Vodka Recipe
Fresh squeezed lemons make this a refreshing summertime drink. The vodka makes it fun!
Prep time: 15 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 cup + 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- Sliced lemons for garnish
- Use a knife to zest a lemon so that you have large pieces (they will be removed from syrup later). See picture below.
- Add 1 cup of water, sugar and lemon zest to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, juice* the 6 lemons.
- Add the lemon juice and vodka to a pitcher.
- Remove the zest from the saucepan and add the syrup to the pitcher. Add enough water to fill the pitcher, about 3 cups. Stir to mix.
- Place a few cubes of ice in a glass, add a lemon slice, then fill the rest of the glass with ice. Pour in the hard lemonade. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.