Blackberry Mint Tea Recipe
After you drink this Blackberry Mint Tea, you will have a hard time going back to your run of the mill iced tea. Spike it with some rum to liven things up a bit.
Inspired by On Folly Beach
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes (the syrup needs to stand at least an hour) Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 cup plus 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- About 15 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 iced tea bags
1. Cut the blackberries into small pieces. You will end up with bits of blackberry with a fair amount of juice.
2. Add 1 cup water, sugar, chopped mint leaves and the crushed blackberries to a saucepan and heat to boiling. Turn the heat down and simmer until all the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let stand for one hour.
3. Boil 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Add two tea bags and remove from the heat. Let steep for 3 minutes.
4. Fill a pitcher with ice. Add the tea and the syrup, then fill the rest of the pitcher with water. Serve in a glass filled with ice and a blackberry garnish.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.