Prep: 15 minutes | Bake: 10 minutes | Yield: 12 sticks
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated, at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/4 all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, beat cheeses and butter together until smooth. Add the flour and salt and mix until dough is stiff. Gradually add milk a little at a time until dough is soft.
- Roll out on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into strips (I used a tongue depressor as my guide when I cut the dough into sticks). Twist two of the sticks together. Place in a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes until golden.