Turkey Pot Pie on a Puff Pastry Recipe
This recipe turns a classic comfort food, turkey pot pie, into a simple appetizer.
Inspired by The Great Gatsby
Click here for more book club party ideas for The Great Gatsby.
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Servings: 18 puff pastries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets
- Flat leaf parsley, tear the leaves into small pieces
- Be sure to read the directions on how to thaw the puff pastry (typically 30 minutes at room temperature).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the carrot for about 4 minutes. Add the celery and onion and saute for another 5 minutes. Add the turkey, soup, Herbs de Provence and pepper and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Unroll the pastry sheets and cut into squares. Place the pastry squares on a baking sheet. Place a heaping tablespoon of turkey mixture in the center of each pastry square.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 2o minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with torn flat leaf parsley.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.