Smoked Salmon Blue Cheese Tartlets Recipe
Smoked salmon and blue cheese are the perfect compliment in this tasty appetizer. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing these scrumptious tartlets!
Adapted from The New Irish Table by Margaret M. Johnson
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 15 | Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 packages frozen mini filo shells
- 1/2 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese, such as Cashel, crumbled
- 1 ounce of smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen mini filo shells on baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place spinach and salt in saucepan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Continue boiling for 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Drain and rinse in cold water. Squeeze dry and chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and pepper. Add spinach, blue cheese and salmon. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mixture into each shell. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
Copyright © 2017 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.