Aug 2nd, 2011 by Lisa
Red Pepper Spread (Muhamara) Recipe
This spicy appetizer made from red peppers and pomegranate molasses is from Aleppo, Syria. This recipe was adapted from Secrets of Healthy Middle Eastern Cuisine by Sanaa Abourezk. A tiny bottle of pomegranate molasses was $12 (eek) at our store so instead I used pomegranate juice and added a little sugar. It was still tasty, but I think the flavor and consistency would have come out so much better if I had used the molasses.
Inspired by Zeitoun
Prep: 5 minutes Serves: 8
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 red chile pepper
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Put all the ingredients, including the bread, in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth paste. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.