Adapted from Epicurious Hummus and Feta Sandwiches on Whole Grain
Prep: 10 minutes | Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 4 multi-grain sandwich buns
- 1 large cucumber
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped finely
- 1 cup of Jalapeno Hummus or your favorite hummus
- 1 (6 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese (Use the Mediterranean blend, if available.)
- Peel cucumber in stripes, then slice thinly. Lay cucumber slices out on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow cucumbers to rest for 5 minutes while you finely chop the mint and cilantro. Then take another paper and press gently over the cucumbers to remove the moisture.
- Open up the sandwich buns and spread about 2 tablespoons hummus on both the top side and bottom side.
- On the bottom side of each bun, layer the cucumber, mint, and cilantro over the hummus, dividing equally.
- On the top side of each bun sprinkle the feta cheese over the hummus and gently press into the hummus.
- Carefully bring the sandwich bun together and press gently to compact slightly. Cut sandwiches in half or quarters. Sandwiches can be made several hours ahead of time.