Prep: 5 minutes | Yield: 1-1/2 cups
- 1 (16-ounce) can Garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons of tahini*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted**
- Add all the drained and rinsed garbanzo bean, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and jalapeno to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Taste hummus and add more salt and pepper as needed. Stir in roasted pine nut. Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
**To roast pine nuts, simply add pine nuts to a small dry skillet over medium heat and stir a couple minutes until golden brown.