Gatsby’s Pastry Pig Recipe
Pastry pigs were served at the parties at Gatsby’s mansion. This recipe attemps to turn your basic pigs in a blanket into something a little more elegant.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time 6-8 minutes | Serves: 8-12
- 12 fully cooked sausage links (the kind in frozen aisle. I used Jimmy Dean Pork)
- 2 8 ounce packages of crescent rounds (16)
- 1 cup Cheddar/Monterrey Jack mix
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the sausage links into thirds.
- Unroll the crescent rounds and sprinkle with cheese. Place one sausage link at one end and roll until it just surrounds the sausage. Cut the dough and pinch the ends to seal.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the Dijon and honey together. Place a small amount on each pastry. The sauce will be runny, but the pastry helps prevent it from running off. Garnish with chopped chives.
Copyright © 2016 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.