The English cheeses on this tray include:
- Denhay Farmhouse Cheddar Cheese- This is an award-winning cheese that has been made from Holstein cows on the Denhay farm since 1959. This pairs well with apples, walnuts and a sweet wine.
- Ilchester Cheddar Cheese with Port- This rich cheddar cheese is mixed with ruby port wine. Serve with apples, pears, scones, sliced figs and roasted walnuts. Wine pairings include Riesling, Merlot and Madeira (from DCI Cheese Company).
- Sticky Toffee- and excellent dessert cheese that tastes like…well, toffee. This cheese went well with an after dinner coffee.
- Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese with Cranberries- Real Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese has been made in Wensleydale since 1150. The addition of cranberries makes it an excellent dessert cheese.
- Cahills Original Porter Cheese (This one is actually from Ireland but I just had to try it)- this cheese was fairly mild and a little tangy. This would pair well with a Guinness (also Irish).
- Ilchester Five Counties Cheese with layers of Derby, Red Leicester, Cheshire, Double Gloucester and Cheddar cheeses. This mellow, slightly tangy cheese pairs well with Zinfandel, Merlot and Rioja. Serve with crackers or artisan bread (from DCI Cheese Company).