Eggplant Dip Recipe
This dip is similar to my hummus recipe but uses eggplant instead of chickpeas – who would have thought. Don’t let the color fool you, this dip is scrumptious. You can serve this eggplant dip with your favorite bread, crackers or chips.
Inspired by Little Bee
Click here for more book club party ideas for Little Bee by Chris Cleave.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 1 large eggplant – peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 cloves garlic – mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley – chopped
- Steam eggplant for 10 – 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Blend eggplant, tahini, garlic, salt, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Place in shallow dish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with bread, crackers, or chips.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.