Doggie Dip with Bone Chips Recipe
Doggie dip is made with Velvetta®, Rotel®, and Hormel® Chilli. I’m not sure why it’s called doggie dip, but I do know it’s always a big hit when I serve it to my human family and friends. It is yummy served with baked dog bone-shaped tortilla chips.
Inspired by Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 15-ounce can Hormel® Chili with Beans
- 1 pound Velveeta® cheese, cubed
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until brown and crumbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally until cheese is fully melted.
- Doggie Dip looks cute served in a doggie bowl with dog bone chips.
Dog Bone Chips
- 1 package of corn tortillas (8 tortillas/package)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Cut tortillas with a bone-shaped cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet. You should be able to get 3 bones per tortilla.
- Whisk the olive oil and garlic powder together. Brush mixture on both sides of tortilla bones. Sprinkle both sides of tortilla bones with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp.
Copyright © 2015 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.