Jun 27th, 2010 by Lisa
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
These delicious crab stuffed mushrooms are flavored with lemon thyme, shallots, garlic and white wine. Topped with Parmesan cheese they will be hit at any party.
Inspired by Olive Kitteridge
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes Serves: 8
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Remove and finely chop the stems of the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Put the mushroom caps on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for about 5 minutes to extract some of the water from the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, shallots and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, crabmeat, bread crumbs, egg, lemon thyme and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the mushroom caps in the buttered 9×13 baking dish and coat with the butter. Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture. Top with the parmesan cheese.
- Pour the wine around the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.