Corn Fritters Recipe
This very Southern recipe reminds me of my childhood.
Inspired by The Secret Life of Bees
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
- 3 cups of peanut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Heat peanut oil in heavy pan to 365 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, cream and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture. Stir in drained corn kernels.
- Drop spoonfuls of fritter batter in hot oil and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.