Jun 27th, 2010 by Lisa
Clams with Sauteed Garlic and White Wine Recipe
This recipe for clams would be excellent for a beach party. Be sure to have some crusty bread on hand to soak up the delicious sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 10 as an appetizer
- 30 clams, thoroughly washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons of reserved cooking liquid
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Discard any clams that are open.
- In a large pot, saute the garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add the clams to the wine. Cover and simmer until all clams are opened.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved liquid to the butter and lemon to make the dipping sauce. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.