Brown Bread with Baked Beans Appetizer Recipe
This recipe was invented out of a need to use baked beans when we decided to change our menu from a sit down meal to just appetizers.
Inspired by Olive Kitteridge
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 8-10 minutes Servings: 12 appetizers
- Your favorite baked bean recipe, or use Yankee Baked Bean Recipe
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 12 muffin cup tin (a makes it easier to get the bread rounds out of the muffin cup)
- Combine the corn meal, flours, salt and baking soda.
- Add the molasses and buttermilk and mix well.
- Fill just the bottoms of the muffin tins.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool.
- Place on a platter and top with baked beans and Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.