Brie & Jam Mini Crescents Recipe
These scrumptious little crescents are stuffed with creamy brie cheese, raspberry jam and chopped walnuts.
Adapted from Little B Cook Chronicles from a Vermont Foodie
Prep time: 45 minutes Chill time: 2 hours, in all Bake time: 15-18 minutes Yield: about 3 dozen
- 3 3-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 8-ounce round of brie
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Raspberry jam
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped, if desired
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, sugar and flour until soft dough forms. Separate dough into 2 balls and wrap each ball with wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Trim the rind off the brie round and cut brie into little bite-sized cubes. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and water. Set aside. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove one chilled dough ball out of the refrigerator and on a floured work surface, roll the dough out to a large circle. Cut out circles with a 3″ cookie or biscuit cutter. Gather together the dough scraps, form into a ball, rewrap and return to refrigerator.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam and a cube of brie in the center of each dough circle. Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over the jam and brie, if desired. Brush the edges of each circle (all around the diameter) with the egg wash. Fold over the sides and seal the crescent by pinching the edges together. Place crescents on parchment lined baking sheets, making sure the crescents do not touch. Finish making crescents with the remaining dough, keeping the dough you aren’t working with refrigerated.
- Brush the egg wash over the tops of the crescents, and pierce the tops with a fork to create vent holes. Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill crescents.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove chilled crescents from refrigerator . Bake in oven for about 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.