Aug 14th, 2010 by Lisa
Artichoke and Pesto Impanata Recipe
This Italian pastry stuffed with artichoke hearts, pesto and cream cheese tastes great with an Apple Garlic Aioli Sauce.
Inspired by The Art of Racing in the Rain
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 10
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add chopped artichoke hearts and saute another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the artichoke with cream cheese, pesto, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry. You can cut into either triangles or circles.
- Place a couple tablespoons of the filling on half of the puff pastry. Brush the edges with water, fold over and seal seams with a fork.
- Place on a cookie sheet. Beat the egg and water. Brush over the impanata.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees, until golden and puffy.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.