Apple, Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Bring on fall with this colorful salad made with apples, walnuts, cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese. A lemon poppy seed dressing gives it an even fresher taste.
Inspired by The Cross Gardener
Prep time: 20 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces, or a bag of mixed lettuce
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- To make the dressing, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, cider vinegar, onion powder, mustard powder, salt and poppy seeds. While continuing to whisk, slowly add the olive oil until combined.
- Add lettuce to a bowl or individual serving glasses. Top with the rest of the salad ingredients and the dressing.
Copyright © 2013 ButteryBooks.com All Rights Reserved.